In 2013 the new dietary movement is paleo. It’s the famous eating style made popular by crossfit enthusiasts across the globe.
When I first heard of paleo, I assumed it was a diet plan that would restrict spices. That’s why I never fully explored this diet because I LOVE spicy food. Once I found this recipe combining spicy flavor with shrimp, I had to share this with the world!
- 2 Large cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil (I used light olive oil)
- 4 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 lb Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Lemon Wedges, for garnish
- Preheat the grill to medium
- In a bowl, combine the salt and garlic to form a paste.
- Mix in the cayenne pepper and paprika. Once that is done, stir in olive oil and lemon juice until it becomes a paste again.
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with the paste and mix until evenly coated.
- Oil the grill lightly and begin to cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Move shrimp to a serving dish, garnish with lemon, and serve.